Wednesday 18 December 2013

SHOWERING INSTRUCTIONS TO GET RID OF BAD LUCK. - A CHINESE CULTURAL PRACTICE

A CHINESE CULTURAL PRACTICE
SHOWERING INSTRUCTIONS TO GET RID OF BAD LUCK.
PROVIDED BY CHINESE TEMPLE MASTER

As a Chinese, we are aware of many things considered Taboos and in our life time and instances, we face many obstacles, hardship or simple Bad Luck at work or at home. Every time Cantonese people encounter such. they will vigorously shout "Choi - Tai Kat Lai See!"

Appended below is a copy of Showering instruction given to me, when I paid a visit to a small temple with my friends, by the Master, Caretaker and Medium. This hand written writing was made using a Blue ball point pen. If you can read these Chinese characters, you will know what it says.

For Non Chinese and those without knowledge of Mandarin, I will try my very best to tell you what I gather it says in the instructions; -

To shower for  consecutively  3 days, without any breaks, using 7 different colours of flowers;  red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, pink, brown and any other colours like in the Rainbow,  except White.

From what I know, as I was taught by my late Grandma, Showering can take place preferably on the 1st. day and also on the 15th. day, of the Chinese Lunar calendar, to wash away the Bad Luck or in urgency cases immediately following the incident.

White coloured or flowers from thorny plants like Rose, although they may have red or pinks flowers, are also to be avoided.

I hope you will be Bless after 3 days of showering with rainbow coloured flowers. If it works for you, you may want to pass this little tip to your friends, colleagues and acquaintances.

You are welcomed to write your comments and hope that other participants will enhance this contribution.
Show less

No comments:

Post a Comment