Wednesday 18 December 2013

HOW TO FIND A PENANG KIA?

HOW  TO FIND  A PENANG KIA?

I am but just an ordinary person, born and bred in Penang, attended school at Westlands Primary School and in one of the oldest school in South East Asia, PENANG FREE SCHOOL - from Jan 1966 TO Dec 1970.

I like photography, as it captures the essence in a split second of moment, as the situation arises. 

I like to visit and taste the local flavours of each and every different destination, be it in Europe, China or the rest of the world.

I like historical landmarks, as it tell stories of what happened long time ago, its culture, its people and how they lived, how they progressed over their life time; showing the local hero or heroine and the bad vile people alike. 

I admire the old architectures and ponder how they managed to build such great and immense building or monuments & structures like castles, especially in Europe, especially the engineering and logistics involved at high mountain tops, which is just so hard and difficult to even get there on foot. 

I recommend that you visit this castle, when in Germany, but be prepared walk with a good pair of walking shoes, and not be surprised to walk up a slope of between 15 - 40 degrees, to reach this castle of  Ludwig II of Bavaria, at the top of the mountain.

Before you go to Germany, do visit Schwangau, Germany: Neuschwanstein Castle - YouTube;Schwangau, Germany: Neuschwanstein Castle  

I have always wondered how they managed to get the materials up to where the site is. Just imagine the shear weight and mass of materials involved.

I am a keen observer, trained as an Engineering Artificer by the Royal Navy, in the United Kingdom, from April 1972 to December 1976. It was a very Intensive and Rigorous, yet very Hands-on course, no University will be able to provide, over a 5 year period. 

I considered myself very lucky indeed, to be one of the selected few to do so. I owe my good fortune, as one out of 20 candidates selected from a pool of  3000 applicants, who sat for a selection examination at the old Fort Cornwallis, conducted by the Royal Malaysian Army Recruitment Centre. 

To my great surprise, when I received the letter to report to the Armed Forces Centre, they have posted me, to the Royal Malaysian Navy, which was based in Woodlands Singapore, for the training in the United Kingdom, instead of the Royal Malaysian Army - Pusat Latihan Darat - Pulada Camp, in Kuala Lumpur. 

I am very grateful to and I hereby sincerely express and convey my humble thanks and gratitude to the Government and Administration of  Tun Abdul Razak bin Hussein Al-Haj  who was the second Prime Minister of Malaysia, ruling from 1970 to 1976. 

They have given me, in April 1972,  a Kampong Boy, an ex-student and product of  Penang Free School Class of 1970, a great opportunity to further my education, without which, I would I will still be in Penang today not knowing what employment I would have since then.

I have always appreciate the logic and reasoning, how that person, before the final conclusions were arrived or derived at, makes a firm decision, no matter what affects that results in or its consequences.

At that very instance the decision was made, I believed many considerations and vast amounts of reasoning must have taken place.  The outcome makes interesting insights into the thinker's psyche or psychological state and how that person thinks on the issues or problem at hand or before him or her 


PENANG - 11, Aboo Siti Lane,  Penang, Malaysia, where I was born.




No comments:

Post a Comment